Tuesday, November 24, 2009

NaNoWriMo: Are We There Yet?

It's the final week of NaNoWriMo.org's national novel writing challenge, and eager writers are frantically tapping keys in hopes of hitting the 50k goal by the 30th!

Hitting the goal means typing an *average* of 1667 words daily, and those following that plan should cross the 40k mark today. Some will have fewer words and can catch up with a big burst of word count at the end, and others will already have made the goal. I am happy to say I crossed the goal on day 18, and completed the novel a few days later. Yippee!

So where are you at with writing for this month? 0 words, or 50k+? With 1 week left to go, I challenge YOU to write 10k words! By the end of November you could have written a short story, or 20 percent of your next (first?) novel! Happy writing...

2 comments:

Courtney Mroch said...

Did you make it???

Lisa Logan said...

LOL Yeah I did, I threw in a mention in my blog post that I hit 50k by day 18. I'm so stoked!!

--Lisa